الـــــسر الغميــــــــس !!! النور يوسف محمد

حكــاوى الغيـــاب الطويـــــل !!! طارق صديق كانديــك

من الســودان وما بين سودانيــات سودانييــن !!! elmhasi

آخر 5 مواضيع
إضغط علي شارك اصدقائك او شارك اصدقائك لمشاركة اصدقائك!

العودة   سودانيات .. تواصل ومحبة > منتـديات سودانيات > خـــــــالد الـحــــــاج

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 28-11-2005, 10:20 AM   #[1]
imported_خالد الحاج
Administrator
الصورة الرمزية imported_خالد الحاج

افتراضي

[align=left](2)[/align]
[align=left]
Distinguished Guests, Ladies and Gentlemen:
13. Even though Dr. John Garnag de Mabior – the president that Sudan never had - is no more, the vision and ideals he fought for to attain will grow like a tidal wave after his departure. Like all great men of the world and God’s messengers, his vision of the New Democratic Sudan will grow in magnitude and dimension. History teaches us that Christianity expanded after the death of Christ while Islam achieved its furthest expanse after the death of Prophet Mohammed. The issue is not the death of a leader but whether their mission would be carried on after they are interred, should be the main concern of all observers and commentators. The maintenance of aim and objective was assured when we unanimously elected another veteran and a co-founder Lt. General Salva Kiir Mayardit to succeed Dr. Garang in immediate aftermath of his death. My trust in the new leadership and the cadre of the SPLM is impeccable. In numerous occasions, President Salva Kiir – our Joshua – has reiterated time and again that the SPLM/A is a vehicle with no reverse gears. He has also vowed to follow on footsteps of his departed comrade unwaveringly.
14. However, while we call Dr. Garang the Moses of Sudan and Lt. General Kiir - the Joshua, let us not lose track of history and what is written in the verses of the Holy Scriptures. While Moses role was an uphill task so much predicated on self-discovery of the Isrealites and their quest to break-free from the yoke of servitude in Egypt, he was doubted, humiliated, and opposed by the very flock he wanted to serve. His will-to-lead was tested and his physical energy was so much consumed by the internal wrangles of the Jewish nation and external pressures. Yet he kept to his covenant with God and led his people successfully beyond Sinai. But let us always remember that Joshua post-Jordon mission was even the hardest task to shoulder. Joshua led numerous campaigns to conquer and defeat nations and took his people through to the Promised Land. Leaving Egypt and forty years in the desert was not the consummation of the long march to the Promised Land but was just a milestone in the long journey toward complete emancipation of the Jewish people. In the same token, Naivasha and the CPA are therefore milestones and the referendum is the final point to reach in the plane.
15. It is therefore my considered opinion that President Kiir is up to the task that is bestowed upon him by the people of the New Sudan. He is trustworthy and will not let you down. However, let us always remember that his task is weightier than the entire burden we are collectively shouldering. He needs your support and encouragement; not unfounded censure and venomous attacks on his performance and leadership style. He is treading in the minefield of implementing the CPA that requires focus, sense of judgment and presence of mind. If you support him as well as constructively criticizing him, he would lead you well to the Promised Land. Always keep in mind that Joshua was not Moses because each one had their endowments, mission and different leadership environments. Today, the same social reality will tell us that Dr. Garang was not General Kiir and Kiir is not Garang and each assumed leadership in differing circumstances. While inevitable at times, I would like us to spend less time and effort in comparing the attributes and traits of the two leaders for the sheer purpose of finding points of weakness to supply us with ammunition to attack their record. It is a futile game and has no better purpose to serve. What is needed is a collective action to finish the unfinished journey towards our full emancipation. I’m personally contented with Kiir’s recent management of the difficult calculus of power sharing both at the level of the Government of National Unity and the Government of South Sudan. His recent performance when he visited Washington is a clear indication that he is a leadership material who can learn to lead better as he progresses in leadership.

16. It is our common knowledge that Comrade Salva Kiir Mayardit was a co-founder of the SPLM/A together with Dr. Garang and other comrades who perished in the course of the war. He has been consistent, steadfast, and dependable. Unlike many cynics and pessimists around us, I would not worry much of who associates with him or about whosoever that claims to be his mentor, right-hand-man or a trusted lieutenant since Kiir is “A self-made Man and Rudolf of His Own.” I’m also cognizant of the fact that power attracts different people and characters and even sycophants across the political rainbow – each trying to wield some influence and win the confidence of the leader to advance their own personal goals. This was the case under Dr. Garang and Kiir’s tenure will not be an exception. Whether there are the so-called predators (Lions, vultures, hyenas or wolves of peace) out there that may be purporting to be his mentors or trying to scavenge the SPLM/A kill, I’ve no shed of doubt that he is committed to the SPLM/A organization, its cadre and the rank and file - which is actually his constituency and the very goose that lays the golden eggs. He has a complete institutional memory of the SPLM/A to lead us well during this difficult phase of our struggle. At this particular juncture, I would like to caution all the Doubting Thomases that questioning Salva’s integrity and the talk of the movement being hijacked is another futile exercise that will not help us focus on the vision and the legacy of Dr. Garang but rather on fractionalization and divisive wars among comrades who have so much to lose in the process.
17. As the talk of orphanage camp and Garang’s boys being sidelined is destructive and fractionalizing, the talk of Kiir being our man and we control him, on the other hand is completely despicable and deplorable. Whether you are fostering a perception that your kingdom has come or your kingdom has fallen, beware that Garang and Kiir founded one movement and fought one war together as committed comrades. There is therefore no witch to hunt nor is there any intention for witch-hunting. Garang and Kiir worked together and they built one SPLM/A – not factions. That is why they stuck to themselves even when others became fatigued or betrayed the cause and left. Whether you intend to advance the cause of either of these imaginary camps or not, please leave Salva Kiir Mayardit alone.
18. I would also like to seize this opportunity to call upon the youth of New Sudan; especially the fighter youth (the Lost Boys or Red Army) who came here to the West to stay focused and united. The legacy of Dr. Garang and his struggle would always guide you in your different commitments and undertakings. When Dr. Garang took to exile in 1962, he was younger than most of you. He had not even fought in the war as you did. He came to East Africa and to the United States where he did his undergraduate studies. Armed with education and self-awareness, he returned home and joined the Anyanya One Movement. He stayed firmly committed to the ideals of liberation even after joining the Sudan Armed Forces and obtaining a doctoral degree. In my view, you stand better chances to deliver the country from its predicament than the generation of Garang and Kiir. Try to do away with all the vices that divided the past generations and weakened them to an extent of not achieving their mission. Instead, build on their gains and those common values that keep you united and peaceful.

19. May you also allow me to seize this opportunity to appeal to my comrades from Darfur to reunite and close their ranks for the betterment and welfare of their great people. The people of Darfur who have suffered a great deal, are frantically yearning for salvation, peace, security and justice. Another internecine infighting among their sons will not alleviate their suffering but will add to the dunghill of their agony and pain. Further, it will deflect energy and attention from fighting the main enemy by fuel instead self-destruct project. Given our own experiences in the South, divisions and tribalism have always been the cause of suffering of the people who are deprived, oppressed, and exploited by the greedy bunch of rulers in the centre. When the SPLM/A leadership decided to send a brigade of South Sudanese youth into Darfur in 1992 to rekindle liberation struggle there, we did it out of love and care for all the marginalized people of the Sudan. When the mission failed and the late Daud Bullat was captured and slain in cold blood, we continued to explore avenues of bringing Darfur on board to partake in the fruits of comprehensive settlement. Even though our constituencies in the South, Nuba Mountains and the Southern Blue Nile had strong reservations about these endeavors, following the failure of Bullat’s mission, our determination never waned. Our brothers and sisters in Darfur should not therefore add to the suffering and misery of our people there because of power struggle. Power is always the means to serve the cause of the people but not an end in its self. If you consolidate your unity and negotiate with one voice, you shall have remembered what Dr. Garang fought for, particularly his thoughts and vision about the disfranchised people of the rural periphery.
20. I also call upon the Northern Sudanese elites and political groups represented here tonight, to remember Dr. Garang by making unity attractive. This concept is embedded in the change of attitudes and general conduct of the people you once despised and humiliated. Southerners want to see the difference not only in physical infrastructure but in “social infrastructure.” Demonstrate your support to the CPA and push the parties to it, implement it to the letter, because it is the only roadmap toward ensuring nation building. Whether Sudan with its current territorial borders will exist or not after referendum in 5 years time, both parts of Sudan will prosper only if they cooperate and settle disputes peacefully. From my own experience as a foot-soldier, there is no amount of resources and manpower that the North or the South can mobilize to guard that long porous border in event of hostilities between the two entities. It is simply costly and untenable.

21. Finally, I would like to end these remarks by calling all of us to pray for Madam Rebecca de Mabior – the widow of our late leader, the children and the entire family of Mabior Atem who gave Sudan this great icon. I pray for the souls of five SPLA gallant officers who died in the crash with Dr. Garang: Lt. Col. Ali, Lt. Col. Amat, 1st Lts. Mayen, Oboki, and Deng, and their families. I pray for the SPLA fallen heroes, and to the soul of our departed leader, the orphans, widows and disabled of this war. I pray for pains and agonies of the hungry, deprived, detainees and victims of abuse and torture in Darfur. I pray for the victims of Tsunami and earthquakes in Asia. I pray for the souls of victims of hurricanes in the USA. I also pray for the victims of terrorism and all forms of man-made and natural disasters the world over. I pray for Sudan, the Comprehensive Peace Agreement - CPA, the world peace and stability. I solemnly ask the Almighty God to open the gates of heaven wide to receive the soul of our departed leader – Dr. John Garang de Mabior. In one phrase, I say: May God rest his soul in eternal peace and assuage the pains of his bereft family. I also ask our heavenly father to remember Salva Kiir and to give him wisdom and courage to finish the rest of the journey.
22. I finally conclude by thanking the people and government of the United States of America for their philanthropy and benevolence towards the needy and victims of disasters in Sudan. I commend them for supporting the Sudanese parties reach a durable settlement. However, I call upon the USA Government to remain vigilant and watchful because the contemporary history of peaceful settlements has been the one of apathy and uncertainty. It is a common occurrence that even the fiercest and internecine conflicts have broken out afresh following such settlements. In the case of the Sudan, such ingredients and potentials for a fresh outbreak of hostilities are commonplace and have to be guarded against carefully.
23. Thank you very much and God bless you!
[/align]

التوقيع: [align=center]هلاّ ابتكَرْتَ لنا كدأبِك عند بأْسِ اليأْسِ، معجزةً تطهّرُنا بها،
وبها تُخَلِّصُ أرضَنا من رجْسِها،
حتى تصالحَنا السماءُ، وتزدَهِي الأرضُ المواتْ ؟
علّمتنا يا أيها الوطنُ الصباحْ
فنّ النّهوضِ من الجراحْ.

(عالم عباس)
[/align]
imported_خالد الحاج غير متصل  

تعليقات الفيسبوك

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات